23 July 2012
Dr Michael Dillbeck presented to an audience at MERU, the Netherlands, an in-depth review of recent research on the effects of Transcendental Meditation. Dr Dillbeck is a Trustee and International Research Professor at Maharishi University of Management, and a widely published researcher on the physiological, cognitive, and sociological effects of the Transcendental Meditation technique.
Five recent studies Dr Dillbeck discussed are:
1. Effects of the Transcendental Meditation technique on reduction of left ventricular mass (a contributing factor in the development of cardiovascular disease).
2. Increased academic achievement among students who learned the Transcendental Meditation programme.
3. Decreased psychological distress among minority students learning Transcendental Meditation.
4. Improved EEG and increased verbal fluency among ADHD students who learned Transcendental Meditation.
5. Reduction of post-traumatic stress symptoms through the Transcendental Meditation programme.